HCASC Summer 2017 Internship FAQ
Who is eligible?
All students who participate in the Honda Campus All-Star Challenge program in the 2016-2017 year are eligible. This includes students who participated via the Power Search, are members of the HCASC Club and/or competed in a Campus Tournament. Students must:
- Be sophomores, juniors or seniors.
- Have a 3.0 or above GPA.
- Be able to attend the HCASC NCT April 8 - 12, 2017 (regardless of whether they are on a team competing at the NCT).
When and where will the internships take place?
The internships will take place at Honda corporate headquarters in Torrance, CA. The tentative schedule is for 10 weeks from early June through early August..
Is this a paid internship?
Yes, Honda offers a competitive hourly wage for a 40-hour work week. In addition, housing benefits will be provided for the duration of the internship.
What department will I be assigned to?
Up to four student interns will be slected. Each will be matched with one or more departments based on their knowledge base, skills and career plans.
What information is required as part of the application process?
In addition to completing a questionnaire, applicants must provide and upload:
- College or university transcript (must show your GPA).
- Letter of recommendation from the HCASC Coach or Campus Coordinator.
- Applicants may submit letters of recommendation from the HBCU President, other HBCU Faculty/Staff and/or HCASC Volunteers.
- Applicants may submit a coverletter, resume and/or an essay supporting their application which express their skills, career goals and other information to support their application.
How do I apply?
- Go to: http://www.honda.com/careers and click on Open Positions. Next, enter the job number in the Keyword box. It is AME00001O (note that the final digit is the letter O). Click the search icon to bring up the 2017 HCASC Summer Internship. Click on the "Add to My Job Cart" button.
- On the next screen, click the "New User" button and complete the user registration. Once your registration entry is submitted, you will receive an email confirmation.
- Once your registration complete email is received, go back to http://www.honda.com/careers and again click on "Open Positions".
- Login with the information you provided during registration.
- Click on "Apply Online" and begin completing the questionnaire. There are several sections. You may stop and resume at a later time/date if you click "Save As Draft".
- We recommend completing all sections except the Attachment sections before proceeding. Don't forget to Save as Draft!
- Obtain an official copy of your transcript, stamped by the registrar.
- Obtain one or more signed letters of recommendation. One must be from the HCASC Coach or Campus Coordinator.
- Write a cover letter, a resume and an essay about yourself explaining your experience, career aspirations and any other information to lend support to your application. Be sure to have a friend or mentor review these documents for form, spelling, grammar and punctuation. Your Career Planning and Placement office may provide expert guidance.
- Login at http://www.honda.com/careers. When you click "Apply Online" your pending application will load. Review the information previously entered and correct any mistakes or typos.
- When you get to the Attachments section, one document at a time, upload your cover letter, resume, letters of recommendation, and transcript. As you select each file to upload it, use the Comments about this file field to give each a distinctive name (i.,e.: resume).
- After a final review of your application, click the "Submit" button.
What is the timetable?
- Completed applications must be received by December 9, 2016.
- In January, Honda's Human Resources will conduct interviews via phone or video with top candidates.
- Interns will be selected and announced before the HCASC NCT (tentatively by mid-February).
- Interns selected will attend the HCASC NCT April 8 - 12, 2017, all expenses paid.
Who do I contact if I have questions?
As this is a confidential process, HCASC staff cannot answer any employment related questions, but we can refer you to someone at Honda to assist you. Call 800-388-2272 x115 during business hours pacific time.