Honda HBCU Summer 2018 Internship FAQ
Who is eligible?
All students who attend an HBCU which participates in the Honda Campus All-Star Challenge program are eligible. Students must:
- Be sophomores, juniors or seniors.
- Have a 3.0 or above GPA.
- Be able to work full-time between early June - early August 2018.
When and where will the internships take place?
The internships will take place at Honda corporate headquarters in Torrance, CA. The tentative schedule is for 10 weeks from early June through early August..
Is this a paid internship?
Yes, Honda offers an hourly rate starting at $16.00. In addition, housing and transportation benefits will be provided for the internship.
What department will I be assigned to?
Up to four student interns will be slected. Each will be matched with one or more departments based on their knowledge base, skills and career plans.
What information is required as part of the application process?
In addition to completing a questionnaire, applicants must provide and upload:
- College or university transcript (must show your GPA).
- Letter(s) of recommendation from HBCU faculty or staff (optional).
- Applicants may submit a coverletter, resume and/or an essay supporting their application which express their skills, career goals and other information to support their application.
How do I apply?
- Go to: http://www.honda.com/careers and click on Open Positions. Next, enter the job number in the Keyword box. It is AME00001X. Click the search icon to bring up the 2018 HCASC/HBOB Summer Internship. Click on the "Add to My Job Cart" button.
- On the next screen, click the "New User" button and complete the user registration. Once your registration entry is submitted, you will receive an email confirmation.
- Once your registration complete email is received, go back to http://www.honda.com/careers and again click on "Open Positions".
- Login with the information you provided during registration.
- Click on "Apply Online" and begin completing the questionnaire. There are several sections. You may stop and resume at a later time/date if you click "Save As Draft".
- We recommend completing all sections except the Attachment sections before proceeding. Don't forget to Save as Draft!
- Obtain an official copy of your transcript, stamped by the registrar.
- You may choose to obtain one or more signed letters of recommendation from a faculty or staff member. If you participate in HCASC, one from the HCASC Coach or Campus Coordinator is appropriate. If you are in the band, one from the Band Director is appropriate
- Write a cover letter, a resume and an essay about yourself explaining your experience, career aspirations and any other information to lend support to your application. Be sure to have a friend or mentor review these documents for form, spelling, grammar and punctuation. Your Career Planning and Placement office may provide expert guidance.
- Login at http://www.honda.com/careers. When you click "Apply Online" your pending application will load. Review the information previously entered and correct any mistakes or typos.
- When you get to the Attachments section, one document at a time, upload your cover letter, resume, letters of recommendation, and transcript. As you select each file to upload it, use the Comments about this file field to give each a distinctive name (i.,e.: resume).
- After a final review of your application, click the "Submit" button.
What is the timetable?
- Completed applications must be received by December 1, 2017.
- Honda's Human Resources will conduct interviews via phone or video with top candidates.
- Interns will be selected and announced early in the spring semester (tentatively by mid-February).
Who do I contact if I have questions?
As this is a confidential process, HCASC staff cannot answer any employment related questions, but we can refer you to someone at Honda to assist you. Call 800-388-2272 x115 during business hours pacific time.